Firstly, thanks to The Technology Store - great customer service, thank you.
This camera is good value for money, but it has some shortcomings which I am sure a slightly more premium model could resolve easily.
First the good things:
1. It's very quiet, and inconspicuous. And with the software ability to turn off the power indicator light (nice touch) - it's a very pleasing looking device.
2. The person/animal tracking works well
3. Incredible power consumption, under 1.5 watts pretty amazing
3. Great price
And the constructive comments...
1. Resolution is great, but the video is so heavily compressed, moving objects (such as people walking) are a bit of a blurry/blocky mess. This also means that when the camera pans, it looks pretty terrible.
2. The pan/tilt object tracking is easily overwhelmed - unless a person is dawdling, often when they exit the field of view (to the left, or right), the camera will not pan to follow them. I suspect this is because the camera is simply attempting to keep the subject in the center of the view, but does not attempt to "find" the subject if they leave the field of view. I hope this can be resolved in a firmware update.
3. The pan/tilt motors are super quiet, to someone in the room. But if you're viewing the video stream, the motors are REALLY loud - perhaps it could mute the audio when panning/tilting? You can't hear anything but the motors at these times anyway.
4. The Apple HomeKit integration can be a little flakey. I've had several times where it doesnt let me view the live video anymore - even though I can view it through the Aqara app. Power cycling the camera is the only way to resolve.